Pre and Post Natal Pilates
- Start date:
- Course duration: 1 day, 8 hours
- Course cost: $320
- Safe abominable stretching
- Training of the transverses abdominus (TVA)
- Communication and observation skills
- How to articulate exercises with good use of language
- Cueing and imagery
COURSE DATE 2020 - TBC
The pre and post natal Pilates course develops your understanding of how your pre and post natal client can benefit from Pilates. This course details the many changes and issues that can arise during pregnancy and after. Core strength, posture and flexibility will be a focal point. Participants are given an extensive range of exercises suitable for your pre and post natal client.
Course duration, 1 day, 9am - 5pm
Participants should have a minimum of one year’s teaching experiences using Pilates studio equipment. Workshop includes reformer exercises. Prior reformer training is not a pre-requisite but is highly recommended. Please note that completing the pre and post natal Pilates course will not in isolation qualify participants to teach reformer Pilates.
ON COURSE COMPLETION
- On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to help support the growing uterus, decrease lumbar compression and reduce pelvic pressure through Pilates exercise.
- Be able to teach clients’ to train the TVA, which directly supports the uterus.
- Perform and teach exercises confidently and safely.
- Have a good knowledge of adaptations and modifications
- Apply good sequencing
- Receive a certification of attendance (providing student has attended the entire course)